Member Meeting. Thursday February 9th at 2-20pm. On the sofas in the main office. The optional member meeting is a great way to get to know other members and have a say in how Collective Agency is run. The facilitated structure is: icebreaker question, agenda, events. Conversations usually continue afterwards. It’s action-packed and joyful.
- The icebreaker question is most often: What’s your name and something you’re passionate about?
- Agenda items are anything anyone very much wants to talk about doing, from community organizing to amenities. For bigger items there are sometimes breakout groups formed, although this is rare – most issues are resolved in a couple minutes.
- Sometimes questions are asked as a ‘temperature check’ to see if a survey or vote might be useful. There’s a formal decision-making process for changes that might negatively affect a certain amount of members. There are community and governance guidelines for these meetings. Collective Agency is an award-winning workplace democracy, like a co-op but different.
- Events are talking through recent events, upcoming events, and planning more events. Over the years, there became fewer and fewer agenda items and more and more events.
- Right now the agenda focus planned is increasing community again. And this meeting is the best way to grow community.
- If you have additional topics you’d very much like, just email me (or add to the RSVP form from the ‘upcoming events’ email)! If days and times other than Thursdays 2-220pm are better for you, email me with dates and times that are best for you that you’d come to, and on a scale of 1-5 how is the current day/time, where 1 is “very much no” and 5 is “very much yes” and 3 is “no preference”, and how is your suggested day/time on that scale. Only this meeting is planned for now, and we’ll see how it goes, especially whether enough people show up to make it amazing, before planning more.