This page was last updated March 3, 2022.
Is Collective Agency still open and offering coworking space during the COVID pandemic? Yes! We had to close for awhile when covid restrictions started, but with safety precautions in place we are open for coworking with cozy community in the middle of Portland’s West End neighborhood.
What is Collective Agency doing to keep the coworking space safe?
- All members, guests, and tours are required to be confirmed as fully vaxxed before they enter the main space (exceptions: kids under the age of 5 can enter as a guest for up to 3 hours a day, and kids under the age of 2 for up to 15 minutes a day).
- When the state or county laws require masks (starting March 12 2022, this will stop being a law), then: Masks are required at all times except while: in a conference/phone/shower room by yourself, or actively eating/drinking.
- There are additional COVID rules near the top of https://collectiveagency.co/terms/ which are also printed on the wall near the doorways.
- There’s constant air circulation into and out of the suites through the HVAC, as well as the option of: HEPA air purifiers which can be turned on, and fresh air from outside.
- We are fully stocked with hand sanitizer and other cleaning and sanitation supplies, and members wipe down the desk they sit at, at the end of the day.
How is Collective Agency maintaining ‘cozy community’?
- Weekly lunches have restarted. It’s been 4 to 8 of us each time, and there’s been other outdoor events on weekends and evenings.
- Indoor events include game night, tv night, eating ice cream on the sofas, and happy hour. Outdoor events include walks and happy hours.
- Slack has been used a lot more since COVID started, to plan events and post updates.
- Pre-COVID, members would regularly eat lunch or enjoy happy hour together, attend (optional) weekly meetings to check in, plan events and discuss and vote on issues pertinent to members or the space. Book club, game nights, and StoryShare dinners were just a few of the regular events that members planned and participated in. These have restarted again based on interest.
These community events have been well-attended, and much needed sources of personal interaction for members who need community now more than ever! Members also get to know each other and talk as much as they both want to in the main space.
Do people share the same desks? Membership has a reserved or open desk option. A reserved desk is all yours and no one else can work at it, use it, or otherwise interact with it in any way (except to periodically clean it if you’ve been away awhile). You can leave all your personal items at your reserved desk when you’re not working at it.
An open desk membership means that you can use any of the open desks that are not reserved or currently in use by a member.
Are any services or amenities unavailable because of COVID?
As of July 2021, all amenities have reopened. The extra conference rooms outside our suite are still limited to 12 people each, up from 6 people at the end of 2020 and being closed for awhile before that, and may increase back to 30+ people sometime.