Meetings – Terms of Service
These are the terms of service for meeting rentals in the conference room or event room. The Community Guidelines are the core of these Terms of Service. Rates, amenities and floorplan are included in these terms at https://collectiveagency.co/meetings/
1. Hours and locations:
- Collective Agency rents the Montavilla conference room and event room at 7819 SE Stark Street, Portland, Oregon 97215, for meetings by non-members. The other Collective Agency locations are only for members.
- Regular business hours (when Collective Agency is staffed by employees) are Mondays through Fridays, 9am to 5pm.
- Meetings can be reserved for (and staff can be here, based on availability and with advance reservation) any time: weekdays, early mornings, evenings and weekends, and holidays.
2. Payment is required to reserve. Please reserve the entire time that you might need.
- Setup of Collective Agency tables, chairs and audiovisuals is done by staff before you arrive and not included in the hourly rate.
- Photos and commercial shoots are great.
- For event room rentals: reserve half an hour before the start time of the event for setup and early arrivals, and half an hour after the official end time of the event for cleanup and people mingling before they leave. (For example, for a three hour event, reserve four hours.)
- The event room has a 4-hour minimum reservation for events Monday to Friday anytime between 6am and 5pm.
- Half-hour time amounts can be added on to existing meeting reservations at half the hourly rate by request, based on availability of the venue and staff.
3. Cancellation Policy for Meetings and Events:
- 100% refund for cancellations made eight (8) days or more prior to reservation for the conference room, and 75% refund for the event room. (For a meeting Monday 9am, cancel before 9am the Sunday a week and a day before to receive the refund.) Additionally:
- For Conference Rooms: The first time a meeting is reserved by a new client (a new company, group, or person, whichever is bigger) for the first time, the meeting may be rescheduled or credited with only 48 hours notice (2 full business days): notice before Thursday 9am for a Monday 9am meeting.
- For Event Rooms: Event rooms may be rescheduled or credited within 24 hours after reserving.
- A “credit” means that the payment will be held as a non-refundable deposit for a future date based on availability.
- If Portland Public Schools is closed due to weather on a specific date, the meeting may be rescheduled or credited on that date by the client.
- There is trip and fall, and building insurance, for the building.
- There is a liability waiver: as a person who may occupy the premises, you agree at your own risk to indemnify Collective Agency against all claims for any lawful guest to the premises who shall have entered onto the premises for the purpose of lawfully visiting you or who shall enter onto the premises with your permission. You agree that Collective Agency shall not be liable for any personal injury, damage, loss or inconvenience howsoever or wheresoever caused to any person, any company, or any property brought in by any person upon the premises.
- Collective Agency is the trade name of the location and the name of the business, with these Terms of Service. Alex Linsker is the business owner.
- There are no individual discounts, credits, reduced rates, or extensions on cancellations outside what is in the terms of service; everybody is treated equally under the rules.
- Violation of the Terms of Service, especially violation of the Community Guidelines, may result in termination of membership or refusal to rent for meetings, as determined by Alex Linsker.
- The maximum amount of money owed for any reason by Collective Agency to a person or company shall be the amount paid them for services in that month by that person or company.
- Visitors are the responsibility of the member who invited them, and are also responsible for themselves.