Here are my roughly edited notes from last night’s Coordinating Council meeting. Despite their roughness you should get an idea of what we discussed.
– Notes from last time? Fitz sent them out and will this time.
– Updates –
- – Fitz – lost two members since last week. since then we have gained 6 members
- – 5 regular memberships, 1 permanent desk membership
- – more and more referral requests
- – last civics meeting was really good – Jeffry did really well
- – 1 Scholarship application – had previously paid full rate, moved away, moved back and asking for scholarship rate -> APPROVED
- – sam – talked to  about small loans -> slow to move, but interested
– Affiliate Sales Program
- – refined language
- – emanuel – initiate trial period? continues quarterly review? do we review it?
- – review after three months sounds good.
- – referred member must stay three month?
- – confusing to monitor
- – may encourage people to leave after three months
- – an unnecessary stipulation – dont need it.
- – reason: bring in new members.
- – financial incentive to encourage members to bring in new members and more actively bring in new members.
- – cons – 60% might be too much -> devalue membership
- – would it help to do less than 60%?
- – pro – no direct work from staff
- – emanuel – maybe we should ask for feedback w/o %s
- – only implemented for a short period while we are trying to amass membership
- – good to put a membership cap on it? after reaching certain number of members stop the affiliate program
- – sam – sounds good, but kind of an evil capitalist means to an end
- – fitz – I want to change it to 30% across the board
- – conclusion – we will all make questions and send them to fitz
- – Fitz will make a big post it note summarizing the prospective proposal and ask for feedback
- – we will point out the note at civics meetings
- – got rid of third row ($18/hr discount for after hours self-hosted paid meetings) – alex’s “Proposal #3″ will take care of it.
– Election Team – are we ok with only [Person 1] and [Person 2] doing all the work?
- – yes – good to see what comes out of the process
- – good to tell people that we hope they run.
– how do we feel about how this is going?
– sam – OK – affiliate program has brought up interesting questions
– emanuel – incentive vs. value
– alex – feels fine – likes the process and is ok with being the minority
– fitz – its hard! but good