Jeffrey is out. Alex is subbing.
Notes by Dietrich and Christie on http://piratepad.net/ca-05-01-2012
Alex, Fitz, Christie, Jim, Audrey, Molly, Ben, Don, Tom, Jim, Amy, Dave, Mike, Dietrich
Meeting notes location: https://collectiveagency.co/governance/meeting-agendas-notes/
Procedural overview: https://collectiveagency.co/community-guidelines/constitution/
I. Meeting notes received from last meeting?
- 4/24/12 Tue Civics Meeting
- Coordinating Council Notes April 30, 2012
II. Reports & Standing Teams:
- General business and budget update
- Proposals 1 results (Member meetings in conference rooms. Passed.)
- Proposal 2 results (6 hours of free event time per month. Failed to pass.)
III. Proposals / New Business
- Proposal for group membership
- Election team update & planning
- Discussion of meeting reminders and minutes
* agenda overview
* procedural overview: christie raises roberts rules question about meaning of no vote
* audrey requests last-call for proposal emails on the list
* donp request clarification on meaning of abstention
* sticking to roberts rules wrt abstention
* abstain votes are not counted in the 2/3 majority, for example
* finance updates: loan repayments ongoing
* $2000 repaid to loans
* $3000 oustanding
* $1000 surplus as of end of april (expenses, including staff)
* expect to be able to pay remainder of loans by end of May
* loans were covering income gap in dec to cover new 5yr lease cost
* Proposal 1 (2 hrs meetings with non-members for each member monthly): passed both membership and coordinating council meeting
* Need to figure out how to utilize wiki to keep track of proposal process and meeting notes.
* Proposal 2: Didn’t pass Council.
* Need clarification on what happens after the a proposal is rejected by the council.
* Proposal 2 (“Workgroup proposal”) changes:
** change group usage from unlimited to 30hrs monthly
** clarify details of “internal meeting” use
Vote result: Unanimously passed.
Yes: Tom, Don, Dave, Mike, Dietrich, Christie, Audrey, Jim, Ben
Did not vote: Alex and Fitz.
1. Membership Rate
2. Membership Benefits
* 1 vote in membership decisions
* use of the business address, mail delivery, storage locker
* up to five designated reps from the organization can access space and host meetings – reps will be determined in advance, and CA will be notified of any changes (access means key holders who can host meetings)
* up to 30 hours per month of conference room use for internal meetings
* included use is during evenings and weekends only (evenings begin 5pm, weekends are Sat and Sun and holidays)
* internal meetings are those that are for organizational, administrative or planning purposes only
* user group meetings, workshops and classes are not considered internal meetings and would be billed at the regular member meeting rate.
* member rate on space rental that’s not included otherwise
3. Membership Responsibilities
* pay on time each month
* clean up after using the space
* contribute to membership decision-making
* abide by community guidelines, terms of service and constitution
4. Qualification for Membership
* read and agree to abide by community guidelines, terms of service and constitution
* limited to 10 active organizations at one time
5. Procedure for Schedule Conflicts
* Scheduling on first-come, first-serve basis.
* All meetings should be entered on the CA calendar/scheduling system.
Voting format: online. use this link: http://bit.ly/JBjtPQ
rank people in order your preferences.
Voting will end on the 14th
6 candidates for the lead position, 4 for the coordinating council (only 4 openings)
Coordinating council members do not need to be confirmed by 2/3 member vote.