Voted yes: There will be open houses 9am-5pm open to everyone as much as they like, last Wednesdays of the month, starting this October 31st, 9am-5pm. Halloween costumes encouraged. Get people in to see interactions, as visitors. Everyone that’s currently a member to invite one or two people specifically. Explicitly ask them. Because that’s how people become members.
1. Welcome (3:30pm)
- Civics Meetings – Purpose and Intention. Ideas for process change.
- Roles? Chair (Fitz), Note Taker (Alex), Timekeeper (Andrejka), Facilitator (Aimee).
2. Reports and Reminders (3:45pm)
- Weekly Update
- Gentle Reminders
- Membership Acquisition
- Update from Fitz and Aimee
PR could be better. Press releases were sent out last month, picked up by 2 publications. Collective Agency is listed on many coworking directories.
Selena: “Where do you tend to get conversions?”
Fitz: “Referrals. And repeated exposure. Someone hears about us, comes here for a meeting, and knows some friends. Monthly open houses would be a reason to refer. Come and hang out.”
- Goals and needs
- Proposal for monthly open house
- Changing rates – discussion (4:08pm)
4. Review (4:22pm)
- Next steps
- Thoughts on meeting process and design
Aimee: “How run this meeting more fun, fair?”
Selena: “Put meeting on PiratePad so more people can contribute.”
Greg: “If in a Google Calendar I can subscribe to, that’s best for me.” Fitz will do.
Greg: “Will this civics meeting be the same day, same place, same time each week?” Fitz: Yes.
Fitz will send notes in advance to people to be able to edit.
Aimee: I’ll be here Tuesdays to assist with facilitating.