Fitz, Alex, and Sam Attending.
- Sam – have there been any new applicants for the election?
- really important to get blog post descriptions from Sam and Emanuel
- important to describe the actions we take here
- need to set an example -> sam will do it now -> Being a Coordinating Council member = Fun
- worst case scenario for elections -> no one runs….
- push back the election?
- what if non-qualified outsiders run? -> probably wont happen
- would pay encourage people to run? no, probably not
- how to get people to run would be a good question for a civics meeting.
- fitz – would a summery of why having a Coordinating Council matters help? yes, probably
- Alex – it is ok to have people be a bit concerned/uncertain when we have a new leader -> likely to engender engagement
- new scholarship member at new tier
- fitz signed up but still need to ask for formal application
- really important to keep and set limits
- new meetings – three or so today
- will set up quick books or mint
- sam suggests expensify – really good expense reporting, not the best for total tracking
- two members quit
- one got into upstart labs
- one did not use the space much -> apparently not a great fit
- budget – we have a surplus this month! -> keep paying off loans
- research club is doing well – they have moved to idealist’s office
- fitz and alex will go to an organizational meeting tonight
- fitz will be looking into a tiered meeting rates
- our rates are too low for some and too high for others
- how do we differentiate?
Proposal – Organizational Membership
Proposal did not meet 2/3rds majority needed to pass. See constitution section 7 for procedural details. https://collectiveagency.co/community-guidelines/constitution/
- fitz – abstain
- really good spirit but is missing some important details
- sam – no
- seems tied to a new status instead of an additional service
- alex – yes
- this asks for too much
main sticking points
- unlimited usage is too much
- people get kicked out of all you can eat buffets -> need some limitation on hours
- fairness to other members
- we should be asking for what we want
- need an explicit number designated reps
- accountability – consequences
- need something explicit when costs are incurred
- need to know who is coming to the buffet
- could you give a vote to anyone/group that wants to rent over a certain number of hours?
- group vote -> would need to vote within a group in order to decide how that group voted at CA -> probably really good