Terms of Service
- Members have 24/7 access with key fob, door code, alarm code.
- Regular business hours (when Collective Agency is staffed by employees) are Mondays through Fridays, 9am to 5pm.
- Collective Agency staff holidays are some federal bank holidays.
- Meetings can be reserved for (and staff can be here, based on availability and with advance reservation) any time: weekdays, early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Payment is required to reserve.
- Your card is charged on the same date each month (unless you prepay for 12 months or more; then it is charged the same date each year).
- Payment for a year upfront is 12 months for the price of 10. The goal is to be more like a co-op supermarket where people can put a deposit in and get a discount, and then get the deposit back in the future when they stop being members. With a month notice, someone can get the remainder of their yearly prepayment back for the unused months (and save 16.7% per month while the deposit is in place). (This doesn’t apply to people whose prepayment for the year started before March 25th 2016.)
- The rate you sign up at is the rate you keep, as long as you’re a member. Rates stay the same for current members forever (including the option to switch between monthly and yearly prepaid).
- New as of 8/17/2016, as suggested and voted by members: To get 20% off your first month when you pay for membership, tell us the name of the person who referred you, and they’ll get the same amount too.
- If at some point you wish to cancel your membership then email Alex at Council@CollectiveAgency.co at least the day before your next billing cycle.
- On the last day of membership or before, mail delivery and locker storage must be ended.
- If lost, there is a $50 replacement fee per key fob.
- Companies may have up to 20 members at a time.
- Entry codes, security codes, keys, may not be shared with non-members for any reason.
- Members hosting meetings:
- Conference room access: up to three hours total per member each day (with the option to reserve in advance to have clients/visitors/co-workers in those meetings). Details:
- Any member can fill up any conference room with visitors (up to 14 people total in the biggest room).
- Reservations for meetings with visitors are recommended in order to guarantee conference room availability and have conference rooms clean and ready for arrivals.
- For off-hour meetings: The member who is hosting the meeting is required to arrive at Collective Agency at least 15 minutes before their first visitor is expected (so that people aren’t waiting outside).
- Members have the option of using all or some of their conference room time to host visitors in the Loft, if appropriate. Conversations in the Loft are good if they are in normal voices, not loud, emotional, or whispering.
- All visitors here for meetings have to stay within the same room or nearby area (except for restrooms/kitchen/parking access), and are the responsibility of the hosting member.
- A visitor here for a meeting can’t be at Collective Agency more than 3 hours total that day (unless they are a member or here on a member’s visitor pass).
- A member can’t be in conference rooms more than 3 hours total any day (or if they are, then the member has to pay the hourly meeting rate). The exception: there is no hourly limit while there are after-hours event rentals or member events in the Loft; then conference rooms are open unlimited for members during that time.
- Members can reserve the Loft or Division for 15 to 45 people at most once per month, for up to 3 hours total after 5pm at the Loft or after 7pm at Division on weekdays, or anytime on weekends, including setup and cleanup at least 30 minutes before and after, which will be done by the member who reserved. If we have more than 5 Loft reservations or more than 5 Division reservations per month, then the Optional Member Meeting or a member survey will be how events moving forward are decided; prior members who hosted events will get priority. The main reason for becoming a member cannot be to have free events in the Loft or Division. At least a week notice is required, including the name of the event and a description so that any member can join in, and if it’s not likely that there will be at least 15 people, the event will be rescheduled to a conference room.
- Staff will manage the reservations; likely only 3 of the 6 conference rooms at NW 6th at a time will be reserved for meetings.
- The very fine print on membership options:
- To pause membership, a member may give at least one day’s notice, and get a membership credit equal to the pre-paid membership amount for future access (re-starting membership) at a date of their choice. Any member may not pause membership more than once every two months and must rejoin for at least a full month or the remainder of their credit, whichever is less. If paused, the 12 months pre-paid must be used within 24 months of the start date, and a month-to-month payment must be used within 12 months of its being paused. Before pausing the membership, all access to member benefits must be returned: the Coworking Visa, mail delivery, locker storage, key fob, or any access for any reason.
- A person or company with 12 months or more prepaid membership may switch out the person who has the membership for a new person, provided there is at least 5 business days notice to Collective Agency staff, and not more often than once every 90 days per membership. The key fob has to be returned to Collective Agency staff, who will give it to the new person. The new person has to be toured and shown the alarm system by a Collective Agency staff person before they get the key fob or alarm code.
- A member who pauses or cancels membership, then rejoins, will rejoin at the current rate for all months that weren’t already paid for.
- Other criteria for members:
- Each member must have a separate residence where he or she sleeps.
- Membership is not open to people who think it’s very unlikely before signing up that they will be members at least 5 months total. If you’re not sure, that’s totally fine and we’d like you to sign up.
- Everyone here acknowledges the Community Guidelines are the core of these terms of service.
Meetings by non-members: http://collectiveagency.co/meetings
- Payment is required to reserve. Please reserve the entire time that you might need for paid meetings.
- Included in the rate: You and your visitors can arrive up to 15 minutes before the start of the reserved meeting time, and stay up to 10 minutes after.
- Photos and commercial shoots are great everywhere except the Gallery, where photos with the art on the walls can’t be included without permission of the artist.
- For event room rentals: reserve half an hour before the start time of the event for setup and early arrivals, and half an hour after the official end time of the event for cleanup and people mingling before they leave. (For example, for a three hour event, reserve four hours.)
- Rentals in the Loft when during Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm are available only at the $225 per hour rate, for a minimum of 4 hours if the rental starts after 9am, and a minimum of 3 hours if the rental starts at or before 9am.
- If you arrive early or stay late outside of the reserved meeting time, and if there is availability of the conference room and staff, then you may stay for more time and you will be charged to the nearest half hour.
- You may reserve a conference room for additional time on the day of your meeting, before or after the meeting, only if there is availability of the conference room and staff.
- Week and 24-hour rental rates:
- Conference room week rentals at the week rental rate include 24/7 access (after a person who agrees to host from the meeting gets a 5- to 10-minute tour during regular business hours).
- Event room rentals for more than 10 hours within a period of 24 hours (such as 7am Saturday to 7am Monday, or 6pm Friday to 6pm Saturday) are charged for 10 hours if they include no more than 10 hours of a Collective Agency staffperson being here during the meeting.
- Weekly conference room rentals prepaid for 6 months or more are 11/16ths the regular price.
- Cancellation Policy for Meetings and Events:
- 100% refund for cancellations made eight (8) days or more prior to reservation. (For a meeting Monday 9am, cancel before 9am the Sunday a week and a day before to receive the refund.)
- For Conference Rooms: The first time a meeting is reserved by a new client (a new company, group, or person, whichever is bigger) for the first time, the meeting may be rescheduled or credited with only 48 hours notice (2 full business days): notice before Thursday 9am for a Monday 9am meeting.
- For Event Rooms: Event rooms may be rescheduled or credited within 24 hours after reserving, or more than eight days prior to reservation, whichever is more.
- There are no individual discounts, credits, reduced rates, or extensions on cancellations outside what is in the terms of service; everybody is treated equally under the rules.
- Rates for membership, and meetings by non-members, include everything except for:
- Printing at-cost if more than $8 per person per month (black-and-white text is 8 cents per page, full-color pages of photos are $3 per page).
- Coffee and food for paid meetings.
- Additional conference rooms, at hourly or weekly rental rates.
- Free car or motorcycle parking for members up to 3 days per month! and $75 for parking as-many-days-as-yo
u-want per month is half a block away. Email or ask for details.
- $25 each morning the parking pass is missing, $100 for 7 days maximum, and it’s an additional $100 to replace the parking pass if missing for a week. The goal is for no one to be charged parking fees.
- Key fobs must be returned on the last day or there is a $50 fee per key fob.
- Each extra locker or filing cabinet (or instead of any lockers or filing cabinet, a cabinet 6 feet tall by 2.5 feet wide by 1.5 feet deep) is $70 per month.
There is no liability for lost, damaged, or stolen equipment, unless that person stole or intentionally damaged the equipment.
There is trip and fall, and building insurance, for the building.
There is a liability waiver: as a person who may occupy the premises, you agree at your own risk to indemnify Collective Agency against all claims for any lawful guest to the premises who shall have entered onto the premises for the purpose of lawfully visiting you or who shall enter onto the premises with your permission. You agree that Collective Agency shall not be liable for any personal injury, damage, loss or inconvenience howsoever or wheresoever caused to any person, any company, or any property brought in by any person upon the premises.
Collective Agency is the trade name of the location and the name of the business, with these Terms of Service. There are guiding principles of accountability, open book management, checks and balances. Alex Linsker is the business owner.
Violation of the Terms of Service, especially violation of the Community Guidelines, may result in termination of membership or refusal to rent for meetings, as determined by Alex Linsker.
The Community Guidelines and other terms of service or policies may change in the future.
The maximum amount of money owed for any reason by Collective Agency to a person or company shall be the amount paid them for services in that month by that person or company.
Visitors are the responsibility of the member who invited them, and are also responsible for themselves.
Community Mission Statement: Cozy places to work alongside people doing what they’re passionate about and committed to, where 80% of people say hi. Come and work here!
322 NW Sixth Ave, Suite 200, Portland Oregon 97209
(503) 517-6900 Council@CollectiveAgency.co
Try Us Out Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Members and Rentals have 24/7 access
Also opening Nov 1st at 3050 SE Division