Terms of Service
- Members have 24/7 access with key fob, door code, alarm code.
- Regular business hours (when Collective Agency is staffed by employees and open to the public) are Mondays through Fridays, 9am to 5pm.
- Collective Agency staff holidays (when we are closed to the public) are all federal bank holidays.
- Meetings can be reserved for (and staff can be here, based on availability and with advance reservation) any time: weekdays, early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- There is a minimum initial commitment of two months (first and last month). At some point if you cancel, then you’d cancel online or by emailing Alex the day before your billing renews, then you’d have one more month left.
- Your card is charged on the same day each month (unless you prepay for 12 months or more).
- 12 months or more prepayment is $50 off per month, $600 per year, per person.
- The rate you sign up at is the rate you keep.
- Memberships are only for individuals, and may not be shared with anyone else.
- Entry codes, security codes, keys, may not be shared with non-members for any reason.
- Members hosting meetings:
- Conference room access: up to three hours per member each day (with the option to reserve in advance to have clients/visitors/co-workers in those meetings). Details:
- Any member can fill up any conference room with visitors (up to 14 people total in the biggest room).
- Reservations for meetings with visitors are recommended in order to guarantee conference room availability and have conference rooms clean and ready for arrivals.
- For off-hour meetings: The member who is hosting the meeting is required to arrive at Collective Agency at least 15 minutes before their first visitor is expected (so that people aren’t waiting outside).
- Members have the option of using all or some of their conference room time to host visitors in the big loft room, if appropriate. Conversations in the big loft room are good if they are in normal voices, not loud, long, emotional, or whispering.
- All visitors here for meetings have to stay within the same room or nearby area (except for restrooms/kitchen/parking access), and are the responsibility of the hosting member.
- A visitor (who isn’t a member) here for a meeting can’t be at Collective Agency more than 3 hours total that day.
- A member can’t be in conference rooms more than 3 hours total any day (or if they are, then the member has to pay the hourly meeting rate). The exception: there is no hourly limit while there are after-hours event rentals in the big loft room; then conference rooms are open unlimited for members during that time.
- Staff will manage the reservations; likely only 3 of the 6 conference rooms at a time will be reserved for meetings.
- The very fine print on membership options:
- Companies may pay for “+1”/“visitor spots”/“company membership.” Each visitor spot is the same rate as a membership, and is additional to paying for at least one membership. Visitor spots require a member from the company to be here, hosting, and let the member host any one person per visitor spot at a time.
- To cancel membership, a member may give a month’s notice the day before their credit card will be charged (and will not be billed again).
- To pause membership, a member may give a week’s notice (5 full business days, not including weekends and federal bank holidays) and get a membership credit equal to the pre-paid membership amount for future access (re-starting membership) at a date of their choice. Any member may not pause membership more than once every two months and must rejoin for at least a full month or the remainder of their credit, whichever is less. If paused, the 12 months pre-paid must be used within 24 months of the start date. While a membership is paused, it cannot be used as a membership in any way: not for the Coworking Visa, or mail delivery, or locker storage, or any access for any reason (the key fob must be returned).
- A person or company with 12 months or more prepaid membership may switch out the person who has the membership for a new person, provided there is at least 5 business days notice to Collective Agency staff, and not more often than once every 90 days per membership. Before the switch, the new person has to email firstname.lastname@example.org confirmation of agreement to these Terms of Service, especially the Community Guidelines. The key fob has to be returned to Collective Agency staff, who will give it to the new person. The new person has to be toured and shown the alarm system by a Collective Agency staff person before they get the key fob or alarm code.
- A member who pauses or cancels membership, then rejoins, will rejoin at the current rate for all months that weren’t already paid for.
- Companies may have up to 20 members at a time.
Meetings by non-members: http://collectiveagency.co/meetings
- Payment is required to reserve. Please reserve the entire time that you might need for paid meetings.
- Included in the rate: You and your visitors can arrive up to 15 minutes before the start of the reserved meeting time, and stay up to 10 minutes after.
- For events in the big loft room: reserve half an hour before the start time of the event for setup and early arrivals, and half an hour after the official end time of the event for cleanup and people mingling before they leave. (For example, for a three hour event, reserve four hours.)
- If you arrive early or stay late outside of the reserved meeting time, and if there is availability of the conference room and staff, then you may stay for more time and you will be charged to the nearest half hour.
- In the event that someone requests to come by and see Collective Agency before booking a meeting or event, the rate and process to reserve the screening is the same as reserving 2 hours in a conference room.
- You may reserve a conference room for additional time on the day of your meeting, before or after the meeting, only if there is availability of the conference room and staff.
- Week and 24-hour rental rates:
- Conference room week rentals at the week rental rate include 24/7 access (after a person who agrees to host from the meeting gets a 5- to 10-minute tour during regular business hours).
- Event room rentals for more than 10 hours within a period of 24 hours (such as 7am Saturday to 7am Monday, or 6pm Friday to 6pm Saturday) are charged for 10 hours if they include no more than 10 hours of a Collective Agency staffperson being here during the meeting.
- Weekly rentals prepaid for 6 months or more are 11/16ths the regular price.
- Cancellation Policy for Meetings:
- For Conference Rooms: 100% refund for cancellations made eight (8) days or more prior to reservation. (For a meeting Monday 9am, cancel before 9am the Sunday a week and a day before to receive the refund.)
- For Event Rooms: 50% refund for cancellations made two (2) weeks or more prior to reservation.
- For Conference Rooms: The first time a meeting is reserved by a new client (a new company, group, or person, whichever is bigger) for the first time, the meeting may be rescheduled with only 48 hours notice (2 full business days): notice before Thursday 9am for a Monday 9am meeting.
- Events may be rescheduled within 24 hours after reserving, or more than two weeks prior to reservation, whichever is more.
- For weekly conference room rentals or more, there are no cancellations.
- There are no individual discounts, credits, reduced rates, or extensions on cancellations outside what is in the terms of service; everybody is treated equally under the rules.
- Rates for membership and weekly meetings include everything except for:
- Printing at-cost if more than $8 per person per month (black-and-white text is 8 cents per page, full-color pages of photos are $3 per page).
- Coffee/tea/food in the kitchen, at-cost.
- Additional conference rooms, at hourly or weekly rental rates.
- Key fobs must be returned on the last day or there is a $50 fee per key fob.
There is no liability for lost, damaged, or stolen equipment, unless that person stole or intentionally damaged the equipment.
There is trip and fall, and building insurance, for the building.
There is a liability waiver: as a person who may occupy the premises, you agree at your own risk to indemnify Collective Agency against all claims for any lawful guest to the premises who shall have entered onto the premises for the purpose of lawfully visiting you or who shall enter onto the premises with your permission. You agree that Collective Agency shall not be liable for any personal injury, damage, loss or inconvenience howsoever or wheresoever caused to any person, any company, or any property brought in by any person upon the premises.
Collective Agency is the trade name of the location and the name of the business, with these Terms of Service. There are guiding principles of accountability, open book management, checks and balances. Alex Linsker is the business owner. Kenneth Gordon and Heather Anacker are employees who does Collective Agency work.
Violation of the Terms of Service, especially violation of the Community Guidelines, may result in termination of membership or refusal to rent for meetings, as determined by Alex Linsker.
The Community Guidelines and other terms of service or policies may change in the future.
The maximum amount of money owed for any reason by Collective Agency to a person or company shall be the amount paid them for services in that month by that person or company.
Visitors are the responsibility of the member who invited them, and are also responsible for themselves.