Collective Agency is in Old Town (NW, Downtown, the Pearl) on NW Sixth Avenue, between Everett and Flanders. The Green and Yellow MAX lines go by our door. We’re near many buses, and a short walk from the trolley on Tenth Ave. Bicycle parking is inside upstairs.
- Indoor bicycle parking is upstairs in our big loft room.
- Metered street parking starts half a block away on NW Flanders between the Park Blocks and Fifth Ave.
- Indoor street parking is:
- half a block away on NW Flanders between Broadway and Sixth Ave, at: U-Park. $3.50 per hour or $8.95 all day. Specials on eves/weekends. Monthly rates.
- a block away on NW Everett between Fifth and Sixth Aves, at: City Parking, 522 NW Everett, Portland, OR 97209. (503) 221-1666. Rates: $3.50 hourly, $9 daily maximum (or $8.50 daily if start before 10:30am), evenings 6pm to 10:30am (including overnight) is $5 total. Reserved parking has an entrance on Davis Street for $170 per month. Full info and other nearby garages.
Popular Food and Cafes nearby:
Tea and coffee is available here for members. Meetings can have tea here at no charge and up to 4 cups of coffee per meeting, available in the kitchen. (We can provide pots of 12 cups of coffee for meetings at $19.50 per pot, with advance notice.)
- A corner store across the street has last-minute snacks and beverages.
- For lunch, members often go to the food carts nearby.
- Bowery Bagels is a block away on NW Broadway (between Everett and Flanders), open to 2pm. Phone: (503) 227-6674.
- Pints is a block away on NW Fifth and Flanders, with happy hour from 3-6pm. Breakfast and coffee in the morning, drinks and pub food at night.
- World Foods Portland is four blocks away on 830 NW Everett, a supermarket/fresh produce/cafe/hot foods amazingness.
- Davis Street Tavern is three blocks away on NW Fifth and Davis, it’s the most popular lunch place for people having meetings here: American bistro style. Phone: (503) 505-5050.
- Glyph Arts Cafe is four blocks away on the NW Park Blocks (NW Couch and 8th Ave), open late with coffee, food, and arts events.
- Parish at NW Everett and 11th is a great restaurant for lunch: Southern seafood style. Phone: (503) 227-2421.
- Isabel at NW Flanders and 10th is a great restaurant for lunch: Latin American/Asian fusion style. Phone: (503) 222-4333.
Any caterer of your choice, bring a bag lunch, or go out for lunch, your choice. The most popular caterers here are:
Hotels nearby (company executives working at Collective Agency for meetings have rated each hotel highly). Listed by walking distance:
- The Monaco. 506 S.W. Washington at Fifth Avenue, Portland, OR 97204. Phone: (503) 222-0001 Directions.
- Hilton Hotel. 921 SW 6th Ave, Portland, OR 97204. Phone: (503) 226-1611 Directions.
- Mark Spencer Hotel. 409 SW 11th Ave, Portland, OR 97205. Phone: (503) 224-3293 Directions.
- The Inn @ Northrup Station. 2025 NW Northrup street, Portland, OR 97209. Phone: (503) 224-0543 Directions.
- Collective Agency Events: Our event calendar, with many volunteer/free events and some paid events.
- Calagator.org: Technology events, especially discussion groups about programming languages.
- ePDX: A community-edited guide to the awesome tech community of Portland, Oregon.
- Made in Portland: “This website is dedicated to Portland’s do-it-yourself ethic. Because Portland isn’t just a place where people dream of the future over warm cups of coffee; it’s a place where they go out and build it.”
- Portland Creative List: Associations, business services, and more.
Resources for Members:
- Outgoing mail is noon weekdays, just put your letters on top of the box at the bottom of the stairs. There are USPS regular mail dropboxes nearby (Collective Agency is at the center of that linked map).
- Members can have mail and packages delivered to Collective Agency every weekday. Staffpeople here can sign for you.
- There are two post offices nearby, at NW 9th and Hoyt (open until 6pm or later), and SW 5th and Burnside.
- Bike Shop: Portland Cycle Tours at 117 NW Second Ave (and NW Davis). Inexpensive repairs and rentals, open 10am-6pm.