Collective Agency is in Old Town (NW, Downtown, the Pearl) on NW Sixth Avenue, between Everett and Flanders. The Green and Yellow MAX lines go by our door. We’re near many buses, and a short walk from the trolley on Tenth Ave. Bicycle parking is inside upstairs.
- Indoor bicycle parking is upstairs in our big loft room.
- Metered street parking is half a block away on NW Flanders and NW Everett, between Fifth Ave and Broadway.
- Parking lots are:
- half a block away on NW Flanders between Broadway and Sixth Ave. Hourly, all day, and monthly rates. Specials on eves/weekends.
- a block away at 522 NW Everett between Fifth and Sixth Aves. (503) 221-1666. Hourly, daily, and evening rates. Reserved parking has an entrance on Davis Street and monthly rates.
Popular Food and Cafes nearby:
Tea and coffee is available here for members. Meetings can have tea here at no charge and up to 4 cups of coffee per meeting, available in the kitchen. (We can provide pots of 12 cups of coffee for meetings at $19.50 per pot, with advance notice.)
- A corner store across the street has last-minute snacks and beverages.
- For lunch, members often go to the food carts nearby.
- Bowery Bagels is a block away on NW Broadway (between Everett and Flanders), open to 2pm. Phone: (503) 227-6674. Some of Portland’s best bagels, and sandwiches.
- Pints is a block away on NW Fifth and Flanders, with happy hour from 3-6pm. Breakfast and coffee in the morning, drinks and pub food at night.
- Garden Bar‘s Old Town location is a 3-minute walk away, on NW Broadway and Couch: very large salads and a soup option.
- World Foods Portland is four blocks away on 830 NW Everett, a supermarket/fresh produce/cafe/hot foods amazingness. It’s a 4-minute walk.
- Davis Street Tavern is three blocks away on NW Fifth and Davis: American bistro style. Phone: (503) 505-5050.
- Society Cafe and Lounge is five blocks away on NW Third and Davis. Fireplace, sofas and tables, coffee, tea, drinks, food, and friendly people. It’s a 4-minute walk.
Any caterer of your choice, bring a bag lunch, or go out for lunch, your choice. The most popular caterers here are:
- Elephant’s Deli Catering. (by far the most popular). Phone: (503) 937-1099 or (971) 506-3873 (Weekend/After Hours Only)
- Zuppa Catering.
- Hot Lips Pizza.
Hotels nearby (company executives working at Collective Agency for meetings have rated each hotel highly). Listed by walking distance:
- Society Hotel, 203 NW Third Ave, Portland, OR 97209. Phone: (503) Directions. It’s a 4 minute walk.
- The Monaco. 506 S.W. Washington at Fifth Avenue, Portland, OR 97204. Phone: (503) 222-0001 Directions.
- Hilton Hotel. 921 SW 6th Ave, Portland, OR 97204. Phone: (503) 226-1611 Directions.
- Mark Spencer Hotel. 409 SW 11th Ave, Portland, OR 97205. Phone: (503) 224-3293 Directions.
- The Inn @ Northrup Station. 2025 NW Northrup street, Portland, OR 97209. Phone: (503) 224-0543 Directions.
- Collective Agency Events: Our event calendar, with many volunteer/free events and some paid events.
- Calagator.org: Technology events, especially discussion groups about programming languages in the Portland Metro area.
- Shift to Bikes: bicycling calendar for Portland.
- Portland Dancing: dance calendar for Portland Metro area.
- Portland Mercury: Events Calendar.
- Willamette Week: Events Calendar.
Resources for Members:
- Outgoing mail is noon weekdays, just put your letters on top of the box at the bottom of the stairs. There are USPS regular mail dropboxes nearby (Collective Agency is at the center of that linked map).
- Members can have mail and packages delivered to Collective Agency every weekday. Staffpeople here can sign for you.
- There are two post offices nearby, at NW 9th and Hoyt (open until 6pm or later), and SW 5th and Burnside.
- Bike Shop: Portland Cycle Tours at 117 NW Second Ave (and NW Davis). Inexpensive repairs and rentals, open 10am-6pm.
Community Mission Statement: A cozy place to work alongside people doing work they’re passionate about and committed to, where 80% of people say hi. Come and work here!