Wednesday September 24th, 9am to 5pm, come and work at Collective Agency during our Open House! http://collectiveagency.co/
Community Mission Statement:
“Collective Agency is a cozy place to work alongside people doing work they’re passionate about and committed to, where 80% of people say hi. Come and work here!”
Schedule (come when you like):
• 9am – Open
• 12pm – Lunch from the local food carts. Arrive before noon to join us.
• 2-2:30pm – Optional Member Meeting – for members to organize upcoming events for the community, suggest new ideas and continue to guide our collective agency.
• 5pm – End of Open House
The open house is for everybody who’d like to work here for the day, regardless of whether or not you’re interested in membership; it’s a good day to work with friends.
Members have 24/7 access. http://collectiveagency.co/membership/
Community guidelines: http://collectiveagency.co/community-guidelines
The focus on the meeting will be on what we value here at Collective Agency. It’s also a time to touch base on the events coming up (Members and Friends concert) and suggest more events to be held.
The past two optional members meetings have been a success. This time will be a continuation of last time. See notes from last week on the blog here: http://collectiveagency.co/2014/09/02/notes-from-the-optional-member-meeting-wednesday-august-27th-2-230pm/
Collective Agency: Optional Member Meeting. Wednesday September 10th, 2014, 2-2:30pm.
I. Intro: (2pm-2:05pm)
1. What’s your name?
2. What’s something you’re passionate about (describe it in 30 seconds or less)?
II. Some members want more community interactions, more warmth/vulnerability/openness/in-depth conversations. We can make that happen. Asking for advice and especially for actions you’d like to organize or do with other people here.
A. Planning/questions/vision for the Happy Hour tomorrow Thursday August 28th 5pm? (2:05-2:10pm)
B. Questions: (2:10-2:20pm)
1. What are some things that you would like to do or see at Collective Agency?
2. What is something you are passionate about that you would like to share with other members?
3. What would you like Open House events to be like?
4. What other areas of focus/questions would you like, if any?
Goals (each is for the above questions):
1. Establish individual agency, working towards collective agency.
2. Generate material for inspiring and concise lightning talks.
3. Make Open Houses more participatory and warm/eventful.
First Thursday art gallery crawl, leaving from here 5pm. Some specific galleries suggested were p:ear and Blue Sky. There are hundreds of galleries around here. People will suggest galleries, wander our way around together, if someone doesn’t like one place for 10 minutes, there’s another place after that.