Terms Of Service
The fine print for membership and meetings.
This document last updated: March 17th, March 11th, February 26th, 2014 and before that, January 11th 2012. Updated the authorized contractors: March 20th 2013, June 12th 2012, and Jan 7th 2014.
These are the terms of service. See Meetings and/or Membership pages for specific info. The Community Guidelines are the core of these Terms of Service.
- Members have 24/7 access with key fob, door code, alarm code.
- Regular business hours (when Collective Agency is staffed by employees and open to the public) are Mondays through Fridays, 9am to 5pm.
- Collective Agency staff holidays (when we are closed to the public) are all federal bank holidays.
- Staff can be here for meetings, based on availability and with advance reservation, any time: weekdays, early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Payment is required to reserve. Please reserve the entire time that you might need for paid meetings.
- Included in the rate: You and your visitors can arrive up to 15 minutes before the start of the reserved meeting time, and stay up to 10 minutes after.
- For events in the big loft room: reserve half an hour before the start time of the event for setup and early arrivals, and half an hour after the official end time of the event for cleanup and people mingling before they leave. (For example, for a three hour event, reserve four hours.)
- If you arrive early or stay late outside of the reserved meeting time, and if there is availability of the conference room and staff, then you may stay for more time and you will be charged to the nearest half hour.
- You may reserve a conference room for additional time on the day of your meeting, before or after the meeting, only if there is availability of the conference room and staff.
- Week and 24-hour rental rates:
- Conference room week rentals at the week rental rate include 24/7 access (after a person who agrees to host from the meeting gets a 5- to 10-minute tour during regular business hours).
- Event room rentals for more than 10 hours within a period of 24 hours (such as 7am Saturday to 7am Monday, or 6pm Friday to 6pm Saturday) are charged for 10 hours if they include no more than 10 hours of a Collective Agency staffperson being here during the meeting.
- Cancellation Policy for Meetings:
- For Conference Rooms: 100% refund for cancellations made eight (8) days or more prior to reservation. (For a meeting Monday 9am, cancel before 9am the Sunday a week and a day before to receive the refund.)
- For Event Rooms: 50% refund for cancellations made two (2) weeks or more prior to reservation.
- The very fine print on cancellations/rescheduling:
- For Conference Rooms: The first time a meeting is reserved by a new client (a new company, group, or person, whichever is bigger) for the first time, the meeting may be rescheduled with only 48 hours notice (2 full business days): notice before Thursday 9am for a Monday 9am meeting.
- Events may be rescheduled within 24 hours after reserving, or more than two weeks prior to reservation, whichever is more.
- There is a minimum initial commitment of two months (first and last month), then billing is month-to-month recurring on the same date each month. Billing recurs on the same day each month. At some point (hopefully many years in the future) if you cancel, then you’d cancel online or by emailing Alex the day before your billing renews, then you’d have one more month left.
- A year may be paid up front, just ask.
- Your card is charged on the same day each month.
- The rate you sign up at is the rate you keep.
- Key fobs must be returned on the last day of membership, or there is a $50 fee per key fob.
- Memberships are only for individuals, and may not be shared with anyone else.
- Entry codes, security codes, keys, may not be shared with non-members for any reason.
- The very fine print on membership options:
- Companies may pay for “+1″/”visitor spots”/”company membership.” Each visitor spot is the same rate as a membership, and is additional to paying for at least one membership. Visitor spots require a member from the company to be here, hosting, and let the member host any one person per visitor spot at a time.
- To cancel membership, a member may give a month’s notice the day before their credit card will be charged (and will not be billed again).
- To pause membership, a member may give a week’s notice (5 full business days, not including weekends and federal bank holidays) and get a membership credit equal to the pre-paid membership amount for future access (re-starting membership) at a date of their choice. Any member may not pause membership more than once every two months, and must rejoin for at least a full month or the remainder of their credit, whichever is less. While a membership is paused, it cannot be used as a membership in any way: not for the Coworking Visa, or mail delivery, or locker storage, or any access for any reason (the key fob must be returned).
- A member who pauses or cancels membership, then rejoins, will rejoin at the current rate for all months that weren’t already paid for.
- Companies may have up to 20 members at a time.
- There are no discounts, credits, reduced rates, or extensions on cancellations; everybody is treated equally under the rules.
There is no liability for lost, damaged, or stolen equipment, unless that person stole or intentionally damaged the equipment.
There is trip and fall, and building insurance, for the building.
There is a liability waiver: as a person who may occupy the premises, you agree at your own risk to indemnify the proprietor against all claims for any lawful guest to the premises who shall have entered onto the premises for the purpose of lawfully visiting you or who shall enter onto the premises with your permission. You agree that the Collective Agency proprietor and/or employees shall not be liable for any personal injury, damage, loss or inconvenience howsoever or wheresoever caused to any person, any company, or any property brought in by any person upon the premises.
Collective Agency is the trade name of the location and the name of the business, with these Terms of Service. There are guiding principles of accountability, open book management, checks and balances. Alex Linsker is the proprietor who accepts payments for Collective Agency memberships and meetings. Resh Inanna, Kenneth Gordon, and Arianna Pineiro are employees of Alex Linsker who do Collective Agency work.
Violation of the Terms of Service, especially violation of the Community Guidelines, may result in termination of membership or refusal to rent for meetings, as determined by Alex Linsker (or Resh Inanna or Kenneth Gordon) as the proprietor or employees.
The Community Guidelines and other terms of service or policies may change in the future.
The maximum amount of money owed for any reason by the proprietor here to a person or company shall be the amount paid them for services in that month by that person or company.
Visitors are the responsibility of the member who invited them, and are also responsible for themselves.