Civics Meeting Minutes 3/20/12
Posted on March 21, 2012 by jeffreysens
- April 1-May 1: Recruit nominees for two positions (http://collectiveagency.co/community-guidelines/constitution/ 1) Main Community Organizer: open to non-members and 2) Four Coordinating Council members: members only
- April 15-May 1: Review candidates form Main Community Organizer, workgroup will select top 5 or 6 candidates (this may include interviews)
- May 1-15 (tentative): Voting by members using the Schulze method for preference voting (this is not direct 1 to 1 vote)
- May 15-June 15: Training of New Council Members
- June 15-Induct New Council
- Basic voting rules? We will post explanation of Schulze method prior to voting period
- How should someone put her/his name in the running? Alex will put up a google DOC application for nominations; workgroup will review next meeting (to make sure voters will get key information about candidates.
- Key questions: Qualifications, written statement on why they want the position, and what is their greatest contribution or strength they can bring to CA.
- How should we inform voters about candidates and the election? We will post candidate bios/applications for members (online and physical). Alex will send out call on Workgroup List (email newsletter of about 500 people, approx 1/3 read it). We will put up a list of other sites for the job call.
- Suggested basic qualifiers on type of organizations: Eligible if group does not charge for the event, has less than 10 or 20k budget, does not have membership fees.
- Possible qualifications for free space: for small group events (e.g. less than 20 people, smaller rooms not the main room), does not conflict with member use or prime time, limited availability (1 time or by period) group is anti-discriminatory in all social categories, clearly or strongly supports the mission of CA.
- Required exchange or reciprocity: gives an oral and print blurb for CA in their event media; more?
- 7-10 pm Cooworking Tour Space Ship, Rick Turosky has RSVP, This Wed
- Research Club is Sunday, 12-3pm
- YWSE, Young Women Social Entrepreneurs, crowd-funding event with portraits for $50 per person, at Tenor Park (sp), Sat May 12th
- We are moving toward Workgroup membership, $35 hour, for use of event space at night/off hours.
Categories: Democracy, Weekly Tuesday 3:30pm Civics